Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Maggie Bride

My parents are snowbirding it this winter.  Since they are leaving mid January, there are a few things I want done before they leave.  Number one: the dress. 

This weekend I started my dress shopping experience.  The first place we went to was a little shop about the size of my closet and twice as full.  I found a dress there I liked, and liked more and more after leaving the shop.  The thing is, the shop was so tiny I didn't really get a chance to see the dress.  So I called other salons that carried the same line.  And called.  And called.  No one had this dress! 

Finally I talked to a very nice woman at a salon that explained that this dress was too new.  Most places didn't order the dress, and the salons couldn't get a loaned version until after the trunk shows completed for the season (ie: December). The woman said a lot of places didn't order the dress because it was very different than most of the designer's dresses, and most "Maggie Brides" (it is a Maggie Sorreto gown) wanted a certain look. 

So then I wondered: how many times does one have to get married to be a "Maggie Bride"?  After all, I thought you were just a bride, and you bought a dress.  Personally I'm hoping to only be a bride once, but are Maggie's brides often returning customers?  If so, do I really want to go to a designer that other brides go to time and time again?  Somehow that feels like a bad omen.

No comments:

Post a Comment